Cart
Product Products (0) (empty)

No products

To be determined Shipping
$0.00 Total

Check out

Taittinger Les Folies de la Marquetterie Champagne

$48.60 $48.60
$48.60

Availability: In stock


A Champagne in homage to the Château de la Marquetterie, property of the Taittingers.

- +

La Marquetterie, a castle on the hillside facing the vineyard, was before the French Revolution, the residence of the writer Jacques Cazotte, the author of Le Diable Amoureux. General de Castelnau made it his headquarters during the battle of Champagne in 1915.

This Champagne comes exclusively from the vineyard of "La Marquetterie", the cradle of the Taittinger family, located in Pierry, Premier Cru.

It is made from the vines planted on this Premier Cru vineyard with 55% Pinot Noir and 45% Chardonnay.

Only the first pressings have been retained and the vinification takes place in oak barrels.

The robe is a deep gold with golden hues of autumn.

The nose is intense and fruity, developing fragrances of vine peach and apricot compote followed by notes of toasted brioche and vanilla.

Palate: ample, fruity with a dominant of yellow peach. The finish is complex and rich, marked by woody notes.

This champagne will ideally accompany a meal based on robust dishes such as roasted meats or fish in sauce.

Size : 750ml
Alcohol Degree : 12°
Appellation : Champagne
Vintage : Non Vintage
Classification : Premier Cru
Quality : Brut

In 1734, Jacques Fourneaux established a wine-business in Champagne and worked closely with the Benedictine Abbeys which, at that time, owned the finest vineyards in the region.

Jacques Fourneaux starts this activity in Reims, by trading still red or white Champagne wines, then sparkling wines from those wonderful vineyards.

In champagne’s history, he was the third to get into wine trading. The Fourneaux associate with Antoine Forest in the 1820s. Soon, the new company flourishes under the name Forest-Fourneaux.

For a while, it settles in the Vergeur hotel in Reims, before transferring the activity after the first world war on Tambour street, in the 13th century house of the Counts of Champagne.

In 1932, Pierre Taittinger bought the Château de la Marquetterie from the wine house of Forest-Fourneaux. From 1945 to 1960, the House was managed by François Taittinger with help from his two brothers Jean and Claude. It was at that time that the House settled in the Saint-Nicaise abbey’s cellars, built in the 13th century on roman chalk quarries from the 4th century. In 1960, Claude Taittinger managed and gave a great drive to the House.

After difficult times inside the group the restructure the stocks in the years 2005-2006, it was Pierre-Emmanuel Taittinger, a third generation who took over, with help from his two children Clovis and Vitalie, a fourth generation to write the future.

Taittinger’s vineyard spreads on around 300 hectares for a production amounting to 6 million bottles.

Trusted Shops Reviews

5 1

Best sales that customers also appreciated