Louis Jadot Domaine Gagey Clos-Saint-Denis Grand Cru 2016
Free shipping from 1000€ Tax excl (US and Europe)
Louis Henry Jadot founded this famous House that bears his name as soon as it was founded in 1859. Nevertheless, we must go back to 1826 when the Jadot family, originally from Belgium, acquired the Clos des Ursules to find the first roots of this family in Bourgogne.
He was succeeded in 1900 by Jean-Baptiste Jadot, and it was he who invested heavily in the Burgundian vineyards, among which he acquired part of Corton-Charlemagne and Chevalier-Montrachet les Demoiselles, to mention only the most recognized.
In 1985, it was decided by Madame Jadot to sell the House to the KoBrand Company, their Importer in the USA.
To this day, Maison Jadot is still located at Beaune in the world famous Couvent des Jacobins and Jacques' Château.
The climats, a veritable mosaic, which dot the Burgundy vineyards, and which belong to Maison Jadot, extend over some fifteen hectares. These "house" climats are still cultivated in the traditional reasoned method: no deep plowing but surface actions and sometimes with a horse for the less accessible vines.