The Château Branaire-Ducru is one of the most modern Domaines of Saint-Julien, whose particularly elegant wines invite only pleasure. The first owner was a Bordeaux notary, Jean-Baptiste Braneyre, who in 1680 had fully perceived its potential. The Château as we know it today will be built by his descendants, the Duluc family.
In 1855, the Château Branaire was named to the rank of Fourth Grand Cru Classé in the famous classification formalized for the Paris World's Fair. It will definitively take the name of Branaire (Duluc-Ducru) following its takeover by Gustave Ducru in 1857. It was not until 1988 that it came under the banner of the Maroteaux family, marking the beginning of an era of modernity with the aim of obtaining great wines, irreproachable in terms of expression and complexity. François-Xavier Maroteaux is today the second generation to work in favor of this philosophy.
The Château Branaire-Ducru rests on magnificent deep gravel land on clay, facing the estuary of the Gironde. The 60-hectare vineyard is composed of 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 28% Merlot, 4% Petit Verdot, and 3% Cabernet Franc.
The property also produces a Second wine, Duluc de Branaire-Ducru.
The wines of Château Branaire-Ducru are wines of emotion: fleshy, complex, and signalling a true expression of fruit.