Château Larrivet Haut-Brion
From 1840 to today, the fame of Château Larrivet Haut-Brion has continued to grow.
First "Château de Canolle," then "La Rivette," then successively "La rivette," and "Brion-Larrivet," it is not until 1874 that the property acquires its almost definitive name.
Named then "Château Haut-Brion Larrivet", it belongs to Ernest Laurent, a merchant of the Place de Bordeaux.
In 1893, the Château Haut-Brion-Larrivet becomes the property of Bordeaux shipowners, Messrs. Les fils de Théodor Conseil. Enlarged, developed, the property then had 50 hectares of vines.
A trip back in time propels us to 1898, a fabulous year when the famous Féret guide classifies the wines of Château as an "exceptional vintage" of the Graves.
In 1929, the property finally found its name: Château Larrivet Haut-Brion. Its new owner, Mr. Guillemaud, acquired the entire vineyard in 1941.
He would remain its demanding and attentive owner until 1982.