Cart
Product Products (0) (empty)

No products

To be determined Shipping
$0.00 Total

Check out

List of products by Maison Haut-Batailley

The oral tradition perpetuated to this day would have it that the name of Batailley comes from a famous fight fought during the Hundred Years War and which made the return of the English impossible. The vineyard was for a long time the property of a Pauillac family until 1818 under the Restoration.


The Château was then bought by one of the partners of a Bordeaux trading house who rebuilt the Château which was subsequently sold to a banker in the 1860s. In 1929, the ancestors of the current owners bought the Château which they divided in two in 1941: Haut-Batailley with its vineyard and its cellars and Batailley with the original Château, its vineyard and its winery and cellar. The Aspic tower is built in the middle of the vineyard, a religious homage to the Virgin Mary.


The vineyard is located to the south of the Pauillac appellation, on the border of Saint-Juliens, from which it partly draws its special characteristics.


It is a fifth Grand Cru classified according to the prestigious list of 1855.


The property covers 40 hectares and the vineyard, whose average age is 30 years, on 22 hectares planted with Cabernet Sauvignon 70%, Merlot Noir 25% and Cabernet franc 5%. Ground and subsoil of deep gravels of the Garonne.


The production is of the order of a hundred barrels or 120,000 bottles per year.


All the harvest is manual and the wine is aged for the whole in barrels between 18 and 20 months before bottling.

 
5th Classified Growth in 1855
Packing
Bottle 0.75L
$53.69
$53.69
5th Classified Growth in 1855