Cart
Product Products (0) (empty)

No products

To be determined Shipping
$0.00 Total

Check out

List of products by Maison Clos de Tart

The Bernardine Nuns of the Abbey of Tart, a dependency of the famous Abbey of Citeaux, founded Clos de Tart in 1141.


In 1791, the Clos de Tart became the property of the Marey-Monge, a family of which one of the most famous members was Monge, founder of the École Polytechnique in Paris and mathematician who accompanied Napoleon to Egypt. Then it was sold in 1932 to the Mommessin family, originally from Mâconnais, which is the sole owner to this day. It is a vineyard of a single plot of 7.53 hectares located on the Morey-Saint-Denis finage in Côte de Nuits.


Since its creation, this Clos has never been divided up and it is today, in Burgundy, the largest Monopoly classified as a Grand Cru.


It is a single piece plot 300 meters long and 250 meters wide, exposed east-south-east, planted north-south perpendicular to the slope line to better fight against erosion. The plot is surrounded by a 1.2 km stone wall, hence the name Clos.


The soil is clay-limestone with a majority of limestone, a perennial and key condition of the great vineyards of France. The whole vineyard has an average age of 60 years and some vines are over 100 years old.


The harvest generally takes place in mid-September. The yield is very low around


3000 liters per hectare and the wine is aged in new barrels for about 18 months.


The wines age in deep cellars built on two floors before being shipped around the world.

 
A Grand Cru from a single plot of 7.5 hectares in Monopole
Packing
Bottle 0.75L
$563.20
$563.20
A Grand Cru from a single plot of 7.5 hectares in Monopole