The Château Giscours combines all the titles of nobility proper to the greatest wines of Margaux. The first written mention of Giscours refers to a fortified keep around 1330, but its history did not really begin until 1552, when Pierre de Lhomme, a wealthy clothier from Bordeaux, acquired Domaine and had the first vines planted there. In 1847, Château was built in the renaissance style as we know it today, then gradually its famous park will be developed and the production tools will be modernized.
In the famous 1855 wine classification, Château Giscours will be named Third Grand Cru Classé.
Taken over in 1995 by the Jelgersma family, meticulous work will be carried out in the vineyard, both in the vineyard and in the cellar, in order to restore the property's reputation. Today, 100 hectares of vines make up the vineyard: 64% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, 3% Cabernet Franc and 3% Petit Verdot. The wines are aged for 15 to 17 months in 50% new French oak barrels.
The property produces a Second wine, La Sirène de Giscours, as well as a third wine classified as Haut-Médoc, the Haut-Médoc de Giscours.
The wines of Château Giscours are synonymous with refinement and aromatic richness, carried on the fruit and suitable to wait for long cellaring.