Located in the heart of the Pauillac vineyard, the Château Duhart-Milon owes its creation to a corsair of Louis XV established in his retirement in the port of the city and who was named Sieur Duhart. From the eighteenth century, the wines of Milon serve as an annuity to the lord of Lafite and is at the time considered a Second wine.
The Château Duhart-Milon will be named Fourth Grand Cru Classé during the famous classification of 1855 for the World Fair in Paris.
In 1962, it was acquired by the Domaines Baron de Rothschild who were at the head of its illustrious neighbor, Château Lafite Rothschild.
The Château Duhart-Milon watches over a 75-hectare vineyard located on fine gravel soils with a limestone subsoil. The grape varieties are 67% Cabernet Sauvignon and 33% Merlot. The wines are aged for 14 months in French oak barrels of which 50% are new.
The property produces a Second wine, Moulin de Duhart.
The wines of Château Duhart-Milon are finely structured, offer a great deal of concentration and freshness while allowing beautiful fruity and spicy notes to express themselves.